On 1 January 2021, the Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2) will introduce new security standards for credit cards. These standards will form the new guidelines for payment services. PSD2 requires what is known as strong customer authentication (SCA) via the 3-D Secure process. This ensures you are even better protected against fraud and abuse when making payments with your credit card online.
Activate your Degussa Bank corporate credit card for 3-D Secure now.
Strong customer authentication (SCA) with two-factor authentication.
- Two-factor authentication through a combination of knowledge (PIN/password), possession (card/phone) and/or personal identification (biometrics)
- In-store using the Chip & PIN functionality
- Online using 3-D Secure (MasterCard Identity Check and Verified by Visa)
- Authentication by SMS-TAN + password or the My Card Manager app
Easier purchasing. Exceptions to strong customer authentication.
- Lodge cards used on B2B websites and My ePayment
- Low-risk transactions and low amounts (up to €30) in-store and online
- Regular payments to the same supplier
- Phone and mail orders with transmission of the card number
What will change.
- You will use the 3-D Secure process (MasterCard Identity Check and Visa Secure) to secure your transactions more often than before.
- Register for 3-D Secure easily, securely and quickly – here in the Corporate Cardholder Portal. Registration in your personal area only takes a few seconds.
- With our risk assessment of online transactions, you can continue to make many payments easily and without two-factor authentication in the future.